It is our aim to provide a very high standard of service to every customer. If you are unhappy, for any reason, with the service we provide to you we would welcome your feedback and the opportunity to put things right. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our customers.
This explains how we will deal with any complaints we receive. It also tells you what you can do if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you. You can contact us by telephone or in writing.
It will help us to deal with your complaint quickly if you can provide the following information:
- your full name and address and a daytime contact telephone number;
- full details of your complaint;
- details of what you would like us to do to put things right; and
- photocopies of any relevant paperwork.
1) We will try to resolve your complaint immediately; however, sometimes this may not be possible. If we are unable to resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day, we will acknowledge your complaint in writing within five working days and provide details of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
2) We may ask you for further information to allow us to better understand your concerns. Once we have completed our investigation we will tell you our findings and, if appropriate, how we will put things right.
3) If we are unable to send a final response to your complaint within four weeks we will write to you or telephone you explaining why we have not yet resolved the complaint and indicating when we will contact you further. If your complaint is particularly complicated, we will keep you informed of the progress of our investigations.
4) If we are unable to provide a final response within eight weeks, we will confirm this in writing and provide a timescale within which you can expect a final response. If, at this time, you are dissatisfied with the delay, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
If you are not satisfied with our final response The Financial Ombudsman Service
If you are not satisfied with our final response, you may be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service who will review your complaint. You must do this within six months of our final response.
When we send you our final response, we will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service's explanatory leaflet. Alternatively, you can obtain a copy from:
Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Or by Calling: 0800 023 4 567 - calls to this number are normally free from a "fixed line" phone, charges may apply if you call from a mobile phone.
Or 0300 123 9 123 - calls are charged at the same rates as 01/02 numbers on mobile tariffs
Or +44 20 7964 0500 if you are calling from outside the UK
Or by Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Online: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk